Free School Meals Eligibility
Your child may be entitled to free school meals whilst the school is closed if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
If you meet any of these criteria and are not already claiming free school meals please make an application to Newham via this link: https://newham-self.achieveservice.com/service/Application_for_Free_School_Meals
Please also email the school at email@example.com to notify us of your application or if you require assistance with the application process.
We are receiving regular updates from the local authority. They will be sending out an update to parents and as soon as we receive this we will forward to you. The DfE will also be issuing guidance on school opening and as soon as we have received this, we will be sharing this with you.