Art and design education should engage, inspire and challenge pupils, equipping them with the knowledge and skills to experiment, invent and create their own works of art, craft and design. As pupils progress, they should be able to think critically and develop a more rigorous understanding of art and design.
- To ensure that all pupils produce creative work, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences.
- To ensure that all pupils develop skills through drawing, painting, sculpture and other art, craft and design techniques.
- To ensure that all pupils evaluate and analyse creative works using the language of art, craft and design.
- To ensure that all pupils know about great artists, craft makers and designers, and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms;
- To share good practice within the school